What Exactly Does a Floral Designer Do?
Careers in art and design are growing in the U.S., offering a lot of great opportunities to those interested in working in a creative field. If you’re trying to figure out what kind of creative career you want, and floral design is one consideration, it’s important to learn more about this job. What does a floral designer do on a daily basis? Where do they work? These are the kinds of things you need to know to make the right choice for your future.
What is a Floral Designer?
Typical Duties of a Floral Designer
- Purchasing flowers from a floral wholesale facility
- Consulting with customers on the type of arrangement needed for an event or occasion, such as weddings, funerals, prom night, or dinner parties
- Organizing bouquets, arrangements and displays and making sure they are delivered to the right location and on time
- Making arrangements
- Helping customers choose flowers and arrangements based on budget
- Small business tasks, such as answering the phone, scheduling appointments, taking inventory and making deliveries